This simple delicious meal was a throw together recipe from this morning. I had chicken pieces in the fridge and veggies I needed to use up. Love my crockpot that’s for sure. Since I had a whole day of errands and running around, I couldn’t be home watching a pot of food. When I opened the door after many hours being out, my house smelled so good! Make this dish soon. You family will love it just like mine did.
Crockpot Asian Style Chicken With Veggies Over Noodles
Serves 4-6 main course meals
- 6 small to medium skinless and boneless chicken pieces, I used thighs, you can use breasts as well or mixed
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, I used low sodium
- 1 tsp or more garlic and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp 5 spice seasoning, optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 whole onion, peeled and cut in half
- 2 -3 garlic cloves peeled and left whole
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 bag frozen corn, thawed slightly
- 2 tbsp corn starch with 4 tbsp cold water, mixed well until corn starch is dissolved. Do this right before you are ready to add and only if needed.
- 1 bag thin egg noodles
- Turn crockpot on high and either spray with cooking spray or line with plastic crockpot liner.
- Wash chicken with cold water and place on bottom of crockpot. Add stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, and seasonings.
- Throw in onion, garlic, and bag of carrots right on top.
- Cover and cook for about 4 hours. Check and see that carrots are fork tender and chicken is cooked through and starting to shred. If the liquid is very thin and you want a thicker sauce, now is the time to add the corn starch mixture. Pour into liquid and stir around. Toss in the bag of corn. Cook another 1 hour or until the sauce has thickened.
- Cook noodles as per package in boiling water. When cooked, add some olive oil or butter, toss.
- Uncover crockpot and shred all the chicken. Place noodles on a serving plate and spoon chicken and veggies over noodles.