Homestyle at its best. Try this simple recipe and you will fall in love with the deliciousness in this dish. Enjoy!
This recipe is from my aunt Isabelle, she was a great cook and this is what she made us when we would go to her farmhouse to visit. Don’t be fooled by the ketchup in the ingredients. It’s a must for the home style flavor. I tried without one time and it just was not the same. I hope you enjoy this as much as my whole family does.
Crockpot Chicken And Potatoes
- 4 to 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth, I used the carton of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 russet potatoes cup up into large chunks
- 1 package baby carrots
- 1 small onion cut up
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkling of garlic powder
- sprinkling of turmeric powder
- 1to 2 tbsp ketchup
- more stock or water if needed
- Sprinkle olive oil on the bottom of the crockpot
- Place the chicken breast on the bottom, it’s ok if they overlap.
- Toss the carrots and potatoes along with the onion and seasonings over the chicken then pour in the chicken stock and ketchup.
- Cover and turn on high for about 4 to 5 hours or low for about 8 hours.
Your house will smell so good and you will have a delicious home cooked meal that the whole family will love.
Other Delicious, Soulful Chicken Recipes: