Who doesn’t love French Fries? We love them in my house. The problem is the fat and calories from frying the potatoes. The best solution? Baked Fries. These taste so crunchy and crispy just like the fried potatoes we are used to but so much better for us and just as delicious. Even better actually. Eat up without the guilt.
Crispy Baked French Fries
- 3 large baking potatoes, scrubbed, dried and cut into about 1/4 inch matchstick pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 – 1 tsp course sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss potatoes with oil. Sprinkle pepper and if using garlic powder. Toss again. Save salt when fries are done baking.
- Lay out onto sprayed rimmed cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Until crisp and lightly golden.
- With a large spatula, place on serving plate and sprinkle with salt.
Enjoy the crispy yumminess!