This chocolate strawberry treat is one of my son’s favorites. In fact, Josh ate one of the 4 that I made before I had a chance to photograph all of them together, which is why there are only 3 pictured above. The crunch of rich dark chocolate combined with the smooth texture of the filling just makes this so delicious. Enjoy!
Nutrition: calories 129, fat 2.1 g, carbs 24.9 g, fiber 1.5 g, sugar 12.6 g, sodium 31 mg, protein 0.8 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Creamy Crunchy Strawberry Chocolate Cone Surprise
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip — thawed
- 1/2 -3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 wafer ice cream cones
- 3 tbsp semisweet mini chocolate chips — melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds or chocolate syrup for decoration — optional
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Dice into medium pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, gently mix the strawberries with the Cool Whip. Add the marshmallows and mix gently. Place in freezer while getting the cones ready. You are not freezing the mixture but just keeping it nice and cold for a short time while preparing the rest of the treat.
- Using a small microwave safe plate, heat the chocolate chips for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Remove, stir, and heat once again in microwave for an additional 10 seconds or until completely melted.
- Get your cones ready and dip each one in the melted chocolate. Use a rubber spatula to spread chocolate evenly around each cone top (don’t worry if it drips). You will have more than enough chocolate for each cone. If you have extra, you can let it drip into the inside of the cone too (yum).
- Take your strawberry mixture out of the freezer and stir gently. The mixture will still be soft and creamy. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cone with the mixture.
- You may drizzle a little chocolate syrup or sprinkle nuts over them if you’d like. This treat must be served immediately.