Today my daughter found a recipe on Instagram and decided that she was going to make dinner. I of course was thrilled, since she in only 13 and becoming a foodie like me. Funny thing is that I use to make the same recipe about 17 years ago. Goes to show you that a good old standby recipe never goes out of style. This is our altered version, based on the ingredients in the pantry.
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb. boneless chicken cutlets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups of broccoli crowns
- 10 3/4 oz can of Cream of Celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Steam broccoli until al dente, then set aside
- Brown the chicken in butter.
- Add soup and milk to cooked chicken, then add in the broccoli. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and transfer to a bowl
- Serve hot over rice