Submitted by: Sanja Andreevska
The ancestry of smoothies can be traced back to the milkshake that was so fashionable half a century ago, but their style and phenomenal popularity are thoroughly modern.
Creamy Black and White Smoothie
Makes 2 servings
- 150 g (5 ½ oz) black cherries
- 3 large scoops of luxury white chocolate ice cream
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) milk
- Halve and stone the black cherries. Put these into a food processor or blender and process until puréed.
- Add the ice cream and milk and process briefly to mix well.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Some more delicious smoothie recipes: