If you have been on our blog before, you know we love hot beverages. Well, we love cold ones too but, today it’s all about another hot and creamy beverage. I love going to Starbucks for my favorite hot and cold beverages. Recently I had for the first time their Peppermint Mocha Coffee. Oh wow! it was fabulous. I loved it and knew it was a recipe I had to duplicate at home. The one thing I don’t like about any of the coffee shops is the high prices. Now, you can easily make this at home for a fraction of the cost.
This recipe is so simple with only a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and fridge. Make a mug, sit down and enjoy every warm sip.
Copycat Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
Ingredients: Servings is for one
- 1/2 cup 2 % milk, you can use whole milk
- 1 cup brewed coffee, I used decaf
- 2 tbsp chopped chocolate, milk or dark works
- 1 tsp sugar, honey or agave, this is optional
- 1/8-1/4 tsp peppermint extract, NOT mint extract
- aerosol whipped topping
- crushed up candy canes or peppermint candies, the round ones that are sold year round
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, coffee, sugar and chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Simmer for 1 minute. Add peppermint extract. Stir and simmer for a minute more.
- Pour into a mug. Decorate with whipped cream and crushed peppermints. Enjoy!