This Copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte is smooth, creamy and just so delectable. No more spending the big bucks out when you can easily make this at home. You’re going to love this, enjoy every last sip!
The first time I made this, even I couldn’t believe how much it tasted just like the original from Starbucks. However, this one was a fraction of the cost and only took me a few minutes to prepare. Now, when friends come to visit, I surprise them with this warm and soothing drink that they love. Just a note, in the warmer months, I make this then place in fridge until nice and cold then pour over ice. Delish. You can enjoy this all year round.
Copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte
Yields: 1 large or 2 small mugs
- 8 ounces cold water, I used bottled for better taste, or tap water is fine too
- 2 regular black tea bags such as Lipton, 1 if you want a weaker latte. You can use decaf as well
- 1-2 tsp honey or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8-1/4 ground ginger or if you have fresh use about 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- tiniest pinch of sea salt
- 7 ounces whole or 2 percent milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped topping
- Cinnamon for sprinkling on top for garnish, optional
- Pour water into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add all the spices along with the tea bags, (take off the paper tags before placing into the water) Let simmer on low for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring back up to a simmer. Take off heat, carefully take out teabags and add vanilla extract. Let steep for just about 1 minute.
- Strain and pour into a large mug. Add toppings and enjoy!