A classic copycat latte recipe from Starbucks that’s still so popular. Make at home and enjoy!
Years and years ago this hot drink was one of Starbucks original specialty drinks on their menu. All these years later, it’s still very popular even though they added so many more snazzy hot and cold drinks. The names alone are snazzy. So many to choose from! This is still my favorite. We make it at home a lot. The combo of coffee and chocolate is so perfect. One complements the other. On top of all that, making it at home saves a nice amount of money. You know how expensive it can run just for one hot drink. Try this simple to make recipe. It’s a winner!
Copycat “Oldie” Starbucks Café Mocha
- 1 shot hot espresso or strong coffee
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup, use a good quality for best taste such as Hershey
- 1 cup steamed milk, check link under recipe for how to make steamed/frothy milk in microwave
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Aresole whipped cream
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large coffee mug, pour in 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
- Add coffee or espresso.
- Then, add steamed milk.
- You can stir gently or leave layered.
- Topped off with whipped cream and 1 tablespoon of syrup. If adding the cinnamon, sprinkle over chocolate sauce.
Enjoy this warm coffee chocolate yumminess!!
Link for making steamed/frothy milk: