Every year through the month of March, McDonald’s comes out with their very popular Shamrock Shake. A delicious minty thick shake. It’s certainty delicious. The only problem is it’s loaded and I mean loaded with lots of fat and calories. Well, I came up with my version that is not loaded with all those high calories and fat but, does still have the creamy, thick and delicious taste like the original. You must make this today and taste for yourself. The best part, you don’t have to wait once a year, you can have this anytime you want and it’s guilt free!
Copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake – The Guilt Free Way!
- 1/2 cup 1 or 2 percent milk
- 3/4 cup low fat or fat free vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1/2 packet all natural stevia
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract, I use this brand for both vanilla and peppermint
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring, start with 3
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp aerosol whipped topping
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1/2 tsp colored sprinkles, optional
- Pour ingredients except toppings into blender, put lid on. Whir until smooth. Stop after 3o seconds and stir a few times with a rubber spatula and to scrape down sides if needed. Put the lid back on and whir again. Tastes for sweetness. If you need to add the other half of the stevia packet, do so and whirl for just a second or two.
- Pour into a tall glass. Top with whipped topping and cherry. Enjoy the creamy, cool yumminess.