This copycat version of KFC coleslaw is pretty close to the original. Try this easy recipe and taste for yourself. It’s delicious. Enjoy!
I think coleslaw goes with just about any meal. We have a few great coleslaw recipes already up on the blog. But, my favorite still and has always been from KFC. So, my mission for this week, try to copy it at home. Well, I think it’s a big success. My whole family loved this recipe and it’s going to be made again to bring to our friends house for a pot luck dinner next week. Try this simple recipe out. See and taste for yourself. It’s pretty close indeed!
Copycat KFC Coleslaw
Yields: 10-12 side dish servings
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk, I used 2 percent
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar (castor) or granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 -3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed, optional
- About 8 cups cabbage, finely chopped. I bought bags of already shredded cabbage then chopped up. Or, one large head cabbage.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots, again, I bought a small bag coarsely chopped carrots then chopped. Or one large carrot, grated, chopped.
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp minced white or yellow onion
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayo and all other ingredients up to cabbage. (Do not add cabbage) Use a whisk to mix. Dressing should be completely combined and creamy.
- Add chopped cabbage, carrots and onions to the dressing. Gently fold all together until all the cabbage is coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap or put into a sealed container in fridge for 4 hours or overnight. When you take out, gently mix again.
ENJOY this great copycat recipe right in your own home!