This salad is very refreshing and has a nice flavor just from the arugula alone. The leaves are delicate and almost have a peppery taste to them. You can now find them already packaged in the market, washed and ready to serve. How great on a busy weeknight. This simple salad has just a few ingredients with a light orange dressing. You can add protein such as chicken, steak, tofu or beans for a heartier salad.
Clean Eating Arugula Cranberry Salad
Serves 4 side salads or 2 main course salads
- 1 bag prewashed arugula lettuce
- 1/2 bag mixed green lettuce, optional
- 1 large vine ripe tomato
- 1 avocado cute into small chunks
- 1/2 hot house or English cucumbers, sliced, wash the outside and leave skin on or peel partially
- 1/2 dried unsweetened cranberries, raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 cup filtered or spring water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Simply cut up vegetables and layer with arugula.
- Toss cranberries on top.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid such as a mason jar. Shake up and pour onto salad. Toss.
Enjoy this wonderful, simple salad.