These cookies are made with all healthy ingredients and still are so decadent tasting. My kids and husband love these and don’t believe me when I tell them they are made with quinoa. You have to try these. Bet you will love them too!
Chunky Double Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, I buy the frozen bag from Whole Foods. Steam in the microwave and let cool.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Ghirardelli cocoa or cacao powder
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut, date or brown sugar, I love date sugar in this recipe and now in many of my recipes. But, the other sugars work well too.
- 3 tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 packet stevia, (about 1/4 tsp) optional
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, I used SunSpire Fair Trade Organic
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, I used walnuts
- 1/4 cup dark raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. place parchment paper on two cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash up the bananas. Then add sugar, honey and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chips, nuts and raisins. Mix well but try not to over mix. Just until all is combined well.
- Fold in the chips, nuts and raisins. Dig deep into the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the dry is combined into the batter.
- With a cookie scoop, drop onto cookie sheet and gently press the cookies down with your fingers. You may need to wet them so they don’t stick.
- Bake for about 25 to 29 minutes. The cookies should be set and when you touch the top they should spring back just a little. Let cool on wire rack until completely cooled. They taste best that way.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 days or in the fridge up to 5 days. Enjoy!
NOTE: All highlighted ingredients are the ones I used in this recipe.