Thanks to our friend Jessica for sharing this great recipe. You’re going to love this simple soup recipe with just the right amount of spice from the chorizo. Enjoy!
Chorizo Tomato Soup
Yields: 6 servings
Fresh From the Market:
- 3 c. Kale (shredded)
- 1/2 lb. Gluten Free Chicken Chorizo Sausage
From the Pantry or Fridge:
- 28 oz. can Organic Crushed or Chunky Tomatoes
- 32 oz. Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 c. Chick Peas
- 6 qt. Pot
- Place the pot over a low to medium flame and add the tomatoes, stock, chick peas and kale.
- Slice the sausage and remove the casing so you can crumble the chorizo into the pot. Make sure you choose a healthier chicken sausage that is gluten free
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then lower the flame to a simmer for the next 30 to 45 minutes.