Have you heard of “Nice Cream” ? If not, I will tell you what this wonderful treat is. Simply, it’s frozen fruit such as bananas with any add-Ins you like. Or, just the fruit itself. We love Banana Nice Cream. If you have been on this blog before, we have two recipes made with frozen bananas. One is made with peanut butter, yum! This one is made with protein powder for an added kick of healthy protein. It’s so easy to make and everyone will think they are eating yummy, creamy ice-cream.
Chocolate Protein Nice Cream
- 2 large bananas sliced thinly and frozen
- 1/8 cup almond milk or any milk of choice
- 1/2 to 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, you can use any kind of protein powder, of choice. Paleo, vegan, whey, pea. Pick your favorite.
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cacoa or cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp carob powder, optional but gives a great smooth flavor.
- 1 packet Stevia, optional for added sweetness
- 2 tsp colored sprinkles or nonpareils. I found these great organic confetti sprinkles !
- Using small food processor or mini chopper, or high speed blender, add frozen chopped bananas with about half of the milk. Whirl until you have the consistency of soft serve ice-cream. Add the rest of the milk if needed to blend the bananas completely.
- Add in the chocolate protein powder, cocoa and carob powder. Whirl again until all is combined. Add sweetener if using. Whirl once more.
- Scoop into dessert dishes and sprinkle with colored sprinkles or pour into container and freeze for 30 minutes for a more firmer nice cream. ENJOY THE COLD, CREAMY YUMMINESS!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out another one of my recipes on AllFreeCopyCatRecipes….. Whipped Chocolate Pudding In Graham Cracker Cups, delish! https://www.allfreecopycatrecipes.com/Dessert-Recipes/Simple-Whipped-Chocolate-Pudding-in-Graham-Cups