Popcorn fudge is all about the sweet, salty deliciousness. It’s lower in fat too. Cut a big chunk and enjoy!!
This is a lighter version has become very popular with family and friends. You can’t even tell that’s it’s lower in fat or calories. I added the popcorn to give some texture with a salty touch. We all love milk chocolate but you can use semisweet or bittersweet chocolate as well. Anyway is the right way with this yummy fudge.
Nutrition: calories 144, fat 5.6, carbs 12.6, fiber less than 1, protein 2.7
Lower Fat Milk Chocolate Popcorn Fudge
Yields 20 servings, 1 piece per serving
- 1 bag milk chocolate morsels (12 ounce bag)
- 1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk (12-14 ounce can)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp butter for buttering the pan
- 1/4 sea or kosher salt
- 4 cups microwave popcorn (the 100 calorie bags)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 square baking pan with foil then butter foil and Set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate morsels, condensed milk, and 2 tbsp butter. Stir until smooth and melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Now gently stir in the popcorn.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth mixture evenly. Chill at least 2 hours in fridge.
- Remove from pan. Peel off the foil and place on a cutting board. Cut into 20 squares and enjoy this rich, luscious, guilt free treat!