This recipe is the most decadent and rich tasting chocolate cake. Using a cake mix makes this the easiest recipe that you will keep on hand whenever you want to whip up a yummy chocolate cake in a jiffy.
Chocolate Frosted Pudding Dump Cake, Easiest Ever!
Serves 12 to 15
- 1 box super moist chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix, I used sugar free
- 2 cups milk, I used 2 percent
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp instant coffee mixed with 2 tsp water
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, or any kind of chocolate you prefer.
- 1/8 to 1/4 (approximately) cup half and half or milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp instant coffee
- Colored candies or sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, mist a 13 X 9 cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the cake ingredients and mix just until all is combined. Don’t over mix the batter, just make sure all the lumps are out.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes, Check with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Moist to dry crumbs should come off the skewer. Also the cake should spring back when lightly touched on top.
- While the cake is cooling, heat the 1/4 cup milk, honey and coffee in the microwave for about 30 seconds until hot. In a medium bowl pour the milk mixture over the chocolate chips and with a whisk, stir until the chocolate starts to get silky and smooth. Add more hot milk if needed. Let sit on counter for about 20 minutes to cool slightly. Whisk again then spread over the cake. Cut into 12 to 15 squares. Enjoy!