Chocolate Crack Bark – Creamy chocolate with whatever add-ins you want for the most delectable chocolate bark. Enjoy!
This recipes is very versatile. Add or take out whatever you like. Either way, you can’t go wrong when melting chocolate and adding in the things you love. So, enjoy and have fun!
Chocolate Crack Bark
- 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried orange scented cranberries, I found these at Trader Joes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp flaxseeds, not meal, the whole seed
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil then lay a piece of parchment paper over that. Set aside.
- Chop up all the chocolate into medium pieces using a serrated knife.
- In a double boiler, I made my own by placing a heatproof glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. (Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the glass bowl) place all the chocolate into the glass bowl except for about 3/4 of a cup. Using a rubber spatula, gently mix the chocolate until completely melted. Then add the 3/4 cup of chocolate into the mixture and continue to mix gently until all is melted again. Take off the heat and stir in the nuts, flax, and dried fruit. Make sure all is incorporated.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and carefully spread out. Using an offset spatula is helpful. Let sit on the counter for about 15 minutes then place in fridge for at least 30 minutes. When you take out of fridge, break on the side of a cutting board into medium to large shards of chocolate bark.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you take out, let chocolate sit on counter to warm up a bit.
ENJOY THE CHOCOLATE YUMMINESS!