Quick and easy and full of great flavors and textures. The perfect throw together cake with ingredients from your pantry and fridge. Bake one of these delicious snack cakes and enjoy!
I really like this no fuss cake. I had all the ingredients in my pantry and then saw I had sour cream in the fridge and threw this cake together. My family loved it. It’s dense and moist and full of walnuts and chocolate chips, change the chips if you want, pecans work great too.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Snack Cake
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softenend
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar or date sugar. I used half and half.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced fat, light sour cream or regular sour cream, just don’t use fat free
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray am 8 X 8 inch square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-32 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The cake should also spring back a little when gently touched on top.
- Set cake on wire rack. Allow cake to cool completely. Cake tastes better when cooled. Cut into 12 pieces.
Enjoy this great snack cake!!
Note: Store in an airtight container on counter for 2 days or in fridge up to 4 days.