A healthy cookie dough that’s guilt free and really tastes yummy. Give this simple recipe a try and enjoy!
Who doesn’t love cookie dough? I think we all have dipped into the sticky stuff once or twice. Between the raw eggs and flour, it’s just not healthy and not wise to eat those two ingredients raw. Try this healthy version made with chickpeas. You really don’t taste the chickpeas, the nut butter stands out the most. Add different kind of chips if you want. We like dipping apples and cookies in this dip as well as enjoying for breakfast on toast. It’s really easy to make too.
Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed then pat dry with paper towels
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter
- 3 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 -2 tbsp brown sugar, coconut sugar, cane sugar or more honey
- 1 tbsp oats or oat flour, this is optional for texture
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 heaping cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, optional for a spicy taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor except chips. Blend until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down sides a few times. (A blender will not work for this recipe)
- When cookie dough is the right consistency scoop out into a serving bowl and fold in chips.
- Eat right away or place in fridge for about an hour. Dip away and ENJOY!
Note: can be stored in an airtight container up to 2 days in fridge.