A mouthful of a title and a mouthful of healthy deliciousness from our friend Crystal. Enjoy this wonderful casserole!
Submitted by: http://www.simplyplayfulfare.com/
Thanks Crystal for this wholesome recipe!
Crystal writes: All in one casseroles rank #1 in my book. It allows me to create a healthy, balanced meal for my family while keeping the time spent preparing it to a minimum.
Chicken Asparagus, Zucchini, Quinoa Casserole
Yields: 4 servings
Nutrition: Serving size 459g, Calories 499, Fat 22.4g, Carbohydrates 34.9g, Protein 41.7g
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 Pound zucchini
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425. Cook the quinoa per the direction on the box, using the chicken broth instead of water.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and set aside.
- Chop the asparagus and zucchini, mix with olive oil and seasoning, chicken, and set aside.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray, and add the quinoa evenly to the dish..
- Add the chicken and veggie mix to the casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Cook about 45 minutes.
- Add the parmesan to the top of the casserole and cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked.