This fun cake is just that. Fun to make and so much fun to eat. Believe it or not, it was not a hard recipe to prepare and my son and I had a great time putting it all together. Made with just one box of cake mix and look what you get! Bake one of these fun cakes up today. Happy Safe Halloween!
More Fabulous Cake Recipes…
- 1 box WHITE cake mix, it must be white and not yellow or butter flavor
- Food coloring
- 1 tub whipped topping, I used Cool Whip
- Candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 X 11 baking pan with clear cooking spray or grease with white shortening. Set aside until ready to fill.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Then, divide into 3 equal parts in 3 separate bowls.
- Color one orange, one yellow and leave one white. Add enough food color to make a little on the dark side. When baking, the color may fade.
- Spread the yellow layer evenly on bottom of prepared pan. Place in the freezer for about 20-25 minutes. Take out, then spread the orange layer over. Be very gently when spreading. Place back in freezer another 20-25 minutes. Take out again, spread the white layer evenly over and place back in, well, you know the routine.
- Now, and finally, take out of the freezer and place in oven. Bake as directed on package for the size pan. Try not to over bake.
- Check with wooden skewer or toothpick for either no crumbs or dry crumbs. Let cool completely. Then spread the whipped topping over the entire cake making a nice design.
- This will be the hardest part, you will have to put in fridge overnight or at least 6 hours. Then, take out of fridge and decorate with of course the star, candy corns! Cut into nice large pieces and enjoy every single sweet bite!
Store leftovers, I don’t know how you will have any, but, if you do, store in fridge for up to 3 day.