Make this easy recipe using a healthy alternative to bacon. Tastes delicious. Enjoy!
A healthy way to enjoy bacon. Using turkey bacon is a good swap. Try this easy recipe, it’s delicious.
Healthy Brussels Sprouts with Turkey Bacon
- 1 to 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, rinsed with cool water and drained. Cut in half or whole.
- 4 to 6 slices turkey bacon, (I used organic)
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts, optional (place nuts in dry pan for just a few minutes, move the pan around then, take off the heat. Try not burn. Set aside)
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- In a large non stick fry pan, cook the bacon until desired doneness. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan. Add oil and toss in the Brussels sprouts and garlic powder. Cook for about 5 minutes, tossing around with a wooden spoon. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cook another few minutes. Cut up the bacon, toss in just to warm up.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with pine nuts if using. Enjoy!