Broccoli Cauliflower Sauté with Toasted Panko Bread Crumbs is a simple yet delicious side dish that’s great for a busy weeknight or a holiday table. Great for a potluck dinner too. Enjoy!
For a really easy-peasy side dish try this delicious sauté. It’s a great way to get the kids to enjoy veggies. The other night my son Josh actually said he wanted some mixed veggies with his chicken tenders. I know he meant, peas, carrots and corn. I pulled out a bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower and hoped for the best. Then the panko bread crumbs were staring in the face on the shelf above me in the open cabinet. I already made a zucchini bake with toasted panko bread crumbs and he loved that dish. Why not try it with these veggies? I did and he loved it! Now, we have another great and easy side dish that’s healthy and he enjoys. This recipe is also good to toss over pasta for a main course. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese to top it off. Anyway you serve this it’s sure to be enjoyed.
Broccoli Cauliflower Sauté with Toasted Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 frozen package steam fresh broccoli cauliflower mix
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs, I used plain
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp butter plus 1 tsp or use all oil if you prefer
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced or, 1 tsp ground garlic powder
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- Microwave the bag of veggies half the time as it says on the bag. Drain any liquid.
- Have a large nonstick pan heated on medium. Add in butter and oil along with the minced garlic clove. Stir just until you smell the garlic.
- Add in the veggies. Cook until you see a little charring and a bit tender. Take out of pan and place in serving bowl.
- Take the 1 tsp butter and oil and put into hot pan. Toss in panko bread crumbs. Mix around until light brown. Toss the veggies back in and mix to combine. Add salt, pepper and flakes if using. Plate up and enjoy!