Submitted By: Veronica Gantley
Don’t let this Breakfast Tortilla Strata confuse you into thinking that it is only for breakfast. You can enjoy this wonderful dish any time of the day. Not only is it a cinch to make, you can make it ahead and store it in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. How convenient is that?
Breakfast Tortilla Strata
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 10 6 inch tortillas cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Combine salsa and beans in a medium bowl
- Place 1/3 of tortillas strips in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/3 cup of cheese and about 1/3 of the salsa. Repeat process with strips cheese and salsa top with remaining tortilla strips.
- Combine sour cream, milk, salt and eggs. Stir with a whisk. Stir in onions. Pour over tortilla strips. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- When ready to cook remove from refrigerator and let stand for 10 minutes. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Do you have a quick and easy meatless meal you would like to share with us? We would love to hear from you.
Peace be with you,