Submitted by: Veronica Gantley
Delicious twist on the old fashioned burger. Impress your friends with this special flavor or make one for just you. Enjoy!
- 1 pound chuck or ground lean beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 Pretzel Rolls
- 4 Sliced Tomato
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-heat
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bourbon. Form the mixture into 4 patties each about 3/4 inch thick.
- Grill the hamburgers directly over medium-heat turning once, 5-7 minutes per side. Check for doneness by cutting a hamburger near the center or testing with a instant-read thermometer. No pink should show on the inside and the internal temperature should read at least 160 F on the thermometer.
- The last 3 minutes of cooking ad a slice of cheese on top and toast the pretzel rolls cut side down on the grill.
- Serve the hamburgers on the buns with tomato, lettuce and whatever other condiments you desire.
Click to view the original recipe.
Other Hand-held Dinner Recipes: