Hi friends. This recipe came about when my husband went grocery shopping with my son. I made him a list and of course half of the things were wrong but, hey, he did me a favor so I didn’t say anything. When I looked in the bag there was a huge amount of blueberries. I asked for a pint and he bought 4 pints. He said they were buy one get one free. I knew I better make some yummy recipes so they wouldn’t go to waste. So here is one of the two recipes I came up with for some of the blueberries. Another will be out soon. These cheesecake bars are really good and using low fat cream cheese makes them a home on Skinny Sweets Daily recipe list and in my home as well. I hope you enjoy them!
Nutrition: calories 141.1, fat 5.6 g, carbs 21.7 g, fiber 0.8 g, sugars 15.8 g, sodium 131.2 mg, protein 2 g
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Makes 16 nice size bars
- Reduced fat graham crackers to make 1 1/4 cups of crumbs or buy boxed graham cracker crumbs.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- zest of half lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, if you don’t have fresh, you can always use frozen, just don’t thaw.
- Whipped topping, optional for decoration
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8 X 8 or 9 X 9 square pan with cooking spray then line with parchment paper with a little hanging over two sides for easy lifting. Spray the parchment paper again. Set aside.
- Crunch up your graham crackers in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy saucepan. Measure out to 1 1/4 cups.
- Pour into a medium mixing bowl along with the melted butter, sugar,honey and cinnamon. Combine well and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Set aside while making the cheesecake topping.
- Wash out the mixing bowl and now add the softened cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Now add the rest of the ingredients except the blueberries and mix on high speed until nice and smooth and thickened a little. This should take up to 2 minutes.
- Pour the topping over the crust and sprinkle the blueberries evenly.
- Gently swirl the blueberries into the cheesecake mixture. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until the topping is slightly golden around the edges.
- The top should not be wet but it may still be juicy looking around the berries. Just make sure you don’t over bake. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 20 to 30 minutes then place in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Enjoy this wonderful treat!