Let your blender do all the work for you when mixing up the batter to these delicious, wholesome muffins. Take a bite and taste the healthy deliciousness. Enjoy!
My niece Zoey came up with these healthy and delicious muffins that are easy to make right in your blender or food processor. Pack them into lunch boxes or grab a couple to take to work or after a workout. A big thank you to both my beautiful Nieces Zoey and Eva. XO
Blender Yogurt Banana Oat Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
Nutritionals: calories 223, fat 1.8 grams, protein 4 grams, fiber 3 grams
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or, leave out
- 1 cup plain or vanilla or banana Greek yogurt
- 2-4 tbsp milk of choice, I used almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea or Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 currants, raisins, or dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp coarse sugar for topping, optional
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray or baking spray. Set aside
- Place one cup of the oats in the blender and pulse until the oats turn into flour. Take out and set aside.
- Place the second cup of oats along with all the rest of the ingredients except the chips and currants into the blender and mix until all is smooth.
- Add back the oat flour, chips and currants and pulse until all is combined. If you have to add a little more milk, do this by 1 tablespoon at a time. Batter will be thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until muffins spring back when touched and toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
Enjoy the healthy deliciousness!
Note: Store in container on counter up to 2 days or in fridge up to 4 days.