Here’s a delicious salad with all the fixings for lunch or dinner. Enjoy with an easy, creamy dressing.
If you have been on our blog before, you will notice we have lots of salad recipes. What can I say, we love salads over here. They are fresh tasting and have lots of textures. Here’s another one that I just came up with today. I really just grabbed what I had in my fridge and pantry. Takes only a few minutes to throw together. Enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Black Bean Kale and Cabbage Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
Servings is for one large salad, easily made into more servings.
- 2 cups baby kale or regular kale
- 1 cup chopped cabbage, I used both green and red
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed well in cool water
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts or any nut of choice
- 2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds or any seed of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, optional
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp good quality mustard like Dijon
- 2 tbsp mayo, either vegan or regular
- 2-4 tbsp cold water
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, toss kale and cabbage along with carrots.
- Sprinkle black beans, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together all dressing ingredients with a small whisk or fork. Keep mixing until creamy consistency.
- Pour over salad and toss with tongs or two large spoons.