A most delicious cookie with few ingredients thanks to Bisquick. These are festive and have the best taste and texture. Enjoy a few!!
I love Bisquick for so many recipes. Sweet or savory. It’s foolproof in my book and my favorite pantry ingredient. This recipe came about just the other day when realizing it was almost the holiday weekend and it was time for a new patriotic dessert recipe to serve family and friends as well as share with all of you. There are a few Bisquick cookie recipes that are on the blog already and they are a big hit. Check them out for more varieties. This one I’m sharing with you today is melt in your mouth delicious. The texture is just about perfect. Bake a batch soon, add any colored sprinkle for any occasion or no occasion at all.
Bisquick Patriotic Pudding Cookies
Yields: 12 cookies
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 small box 3 ounce box, instant vanilla pudding mix, I used sugar free for this recipe (dry mix)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil such as canola or avocado
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp cold water or milk if needed
- colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, dry pudding mix, and salt with a whisk to break up any lumps.
- Add in egg and oil. Use a rubber spatula to mix together. Dig down deep to incorporate all the dry into the wet. If batter is very dry, you can add 1 tablespoon of water or milk to moisten up. You may need to get in there with clean hands to pull the cookie dough together.
- Drop on cookie sheets using a small cookie scoop or two teaspoons. Gently press down with palm or bottom of glass.
- Have a bowl with sprinkles ready to press each cookie into sprinkles. Press sprinkles into cookie while flattening gently. Place back on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Try not to over bake. Let cool on wire rack then transfer to serving dish. Can be kept on counter up to 4 days in a sealed container. Enjoy!!