If you have been on our blog before, you know we have a bunch of recipes made with Bisquick. It happens to be one of my favorite pantry items. It’s so versatile. Great in savory recipes and of course in baked desserts. These cookies are so easy to prepare and stay soft and chewy. So happy I didn’t have to add any eggs or milk to the batter. See my egg substitute for this recipe. I use it in a lot of my vegan recipes. Bake a batch soon, you will be so happy you did and anyone who gets one or more of these yummy cookies.
Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies – Dairy & Egg Free
Yields about 18 to 22 cookies
- 2 level tbsp ground flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp water, I used golden flax meal
- 1 stick vegan butter/margarine, slightly softened and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick, no need to sift
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips, I used Lily’s Sweets
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flax mixture. Add in vegan butter with sugars. I mixed by hand but you can use an electric mixer. Combine until fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Add in Bisquick with sea salt. Mix batter until all the dry is well incorporated into the wet. Toss in chips. Fold gently. Place batter in fridge for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take out and scoop with cookie scoop onto prepared cookie sheets. (I like to bake each batch one at a time.) Slightly flatten with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for about 8 to 11 minutes. Turn pan around after 5 minutes. Check cookies after 8 minutes. Should be lightly browned on top. Let cool on pan for 15 minutes. Bake your second batch as directed. Ready to eat and enjoy!
*Store in a covered container on the counter up to 3 days. I bet they won’t last even one day. YUM!