A delicious chocolate chip cookie that’s dairy and egg free and made with creamy coconut oil. A winner of a cookie. Enjoy every bite!
There are many chocolate chip cookie recipes all over the internet. So many ways to bake up batches of Americas favorite cookie. We have bunches of recipes right here for all different kinds of cookie recipes and the most popular is of course “The Chocolate Chip Cookie”. Before you leave, check out all the varieties we have. You are sure to find a favorite or favorites. This one cookie recipe is a little unique because it’s made with coconut oil. No butter, margarine, or any other kind of oil. It’s also a vegan recipe. So, there is no eggs or dairy either. Coconut oil has become very popular in the past few years. It’s got some great healthy benefits and is a wonderful replacement for butter and other oils. I promise these cookies are so delicious. Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I under baked them just a bit to keep them chewier. Bake a batch up soon. You won’t be sorry and we are sure to love them like our other yummy cookie recipes. Stop by often to try more of our recipes. Enjoy the chewy yumminess!
Best Ever Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil, I used refined. For a more coconut flavor, you can use unrefined
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water, set aside
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour. Start with 1/4 cup, if needed add the next 1/4 cup for a thick batter. You can use just all purpose flour and omit the pastry flour.
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand held mixer, combine the coconut oil, flax mixture along with the sugars and vanilla extract. Mix until completely combined. The mixture may look like it’s separating. This is fine. Once you add the flour it will all come together.
- In a mixing bowl combine the 1 1/4 cups flour along with the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix with a whisk. Carefully add in a little flour mixture at a time. If needed add in the 1/4 cup of flour. The batter should be thick yet soft. Add in chips and just mix until they are incorporated into the batter.
- Place in fridge for 10 minutes or up to 30 minutes.
- Scoop out balls of batter onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies should slightly spring back when finished and be lightly browned on top. Try not to over bake.
- Set pan on cooling rack for 5 minutes then slide the parchment paper off onto cooling rack and let cool another 10 minutes.
Store these gems in an airtight container on counter up to 3 days. Get a cold glass of your favorite milk and dunk. Enjoy!