Submitted by: Crystal Sykes
Delectable bites for snack, lunch or even dinner time. Best part is that they bake up within 15 minutes!
Baked Shrimp Wontons
Makes about 30-48 wontons
- Wonton wrappers
- 1 can tiny shrimp
- 4 oz regular cream cheese
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup green onions
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and grease a cookie sheet. I like to use cooking spray.
- Just roughly, and I mean roughly, chop the shrimp. Add to the mixing bowl. Chop green onions and add to mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and spices, and mix well.
- Place a tiny dollop of the shrimp mixture on a wonton wrapper, about the size of a quarter.
- If you fill the wrapper too full, the filling will be forced out of the wontons, and you will have a cheesy-shrimpy mess. Using water and your index finger, brush two sides of the wonton wrapper (forming 90 degrees) with water. Bring the corners together to make a triangle, and press together.
- Place the wontons on a greased cookie sheet, and lightly coat the wontons with cooking spray. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning halfway through cooking.
- For the dipping sauce, I used wasabi horseradish, teriyaki sauce, Dijon mustard, and honey. Mix equal parts of wasabi, teriyaki, and mustard. Add honey to taste.
Click here to view the original post and step by step pictures.
Other Simple Seafood Recipes: