Baked Parmesan Tuscan Kale Chips – A simple and delicious recipe that’s wonderful for snacks and parties. This recipe is a great way to introduce kale to picky eaters. It’s crispy, crunchy delicious. Enjoy with the whole family!
There are many varieties of kale out nowadays. Years ago kale was a green you saw on a salad bar for garnish. This leafy green is loaded with healthy nutrients. There are many varieties of kale too. The most common is curly kale. We see this in most markets. Now you can even get this kind of kale in bags washed and ready to eat raw or cooked. I recently came across the kale that’s in this recipe. It has a few names such as flat kale, dinosaur, and Tuscan. It’s now readily available in most large markets and farmers markets. It’s very easy to spot. The leaves are earthy dark green and beautiful. Try this wonderful, healthy and oh so tasty recipe out. It’s sure to be a delicious snack you will be happy to make for your family.
Baked Parmesan Tuscan Kale Chips
- large bunch flat leaf kale
- extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- black pepper, optional
- grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife or paring knife, cut out hard rib from center of kale. You don’t want to use that part of the kale.
- Lay cut pieces on parchment paper lined sheets. Brush olive oil over each piece of kale. Sprinkle with sea salt and a very small amount of black pepper if using.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until crispy. Take out of oven and sprinkle some parmesan cheese over each leaf. Put back in the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take out and let sit on pan for a few minutes to cool down just a bit. Place on serving plate and crunch away.
Hot out of the oven