Baked not fried yet, crispy and crunchy and so delicious. Enjoy!
Love easy basic recipes that take little time to prepare and have on the table when everyone is ready to sit down and enjoy. This simple and delicious recipe is just that. Great that these cutlets are baked instead of fried for a healthier option. I make these for large gatherings as well as dinner for the family on a busy weeknight. Bake some up soon, bet you will love them the way we do.
Baked Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
Servings 6 cutlets
- 6 thin raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, plus 2 more tbsp for garnish
- lemon wedge for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and then parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, blend bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, basil, and 2 tablespoons fresh parsley.
- Dip each cutlet into the oil mixture then into the breadcrumb cheese mixture.
- Arrange prepared cutlets on baking sheet. You can sprinkle more crumb mixture with any leftover oil if you want.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear and there is no longer pink inside when you cut into the cutlets.
Enjoy the crispy chicken goodness!