Avocado Toast With Arugula And Tomato
You can’t miss with this bright, beautiful recipe. Simplicity at its best. I have this for breakfast or lunch at least once a week. I think it’s just perfect!
In so many restaurants all over the world, you can now find avocado toast in some form on a menu. Seriously, it’s all over the place. The deli section in the grocery stores serves avocado toast on their sandwich menu, small luncheonettes, even our local pizza restaurant has avocado pizza toast for lunch. Well, why not? It’s the best lunch!
I really think an avocado is mother nature’s perfect food. It’s so delicious just right on it’s own. Have you ever peeled a whole avocado, lightly sprinkled some coarse sea salt on top? It’s freshness at it’s best. Of course we all know and love guacamole. Most people serve guac at party’s and gatherings.
Great for vegans and vegetarians too. I love to bake with avocados. They make great replacements for eggs and butter or oil in a baked recipe like brownies, cakes, and cupcakes.
Now on to this recipe below, you can’t find a recipe that’s this easy and will take you less than five minutes to make and tastes so fresh and delicious, not to mention a beautiful looking recipe.
I love this recipe for so many reasons. The best part is the layering of fresh flavors and textures. Also, this is light and can be served for breakfast up to a healthy late night snack. Try this simple yet elegant recipe.
Avocado Toast with Arugula and Tomato
Yields: 1 serving, two pieces of toast
Nutrition: calories 155, fat 8.8 g, carbs 29.5 g, sugars 2 g, fiber 15.5 g, protein 5.5 g
WW Smart Points: 4 – WW Points Plus: 5
- 2 slices bread, any 40 calorie bread, I used Schmidt’s Old Tyme 647
- 6 thin slices avocado, keep the pit inside the leftover, sprinkle some lemon or lime juice, put back together, wrap in plastic and save for later that day for another recipe
- sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- bunch fresh arugula, regular or baby arugula, washed and patted dry
- sprinkling of coarse sea salt and ground black pepper
- optional, 2 over easy or poached eggs for added protein
- Toast the bread until nicely browned on both sides.
- While the toast is still hot, spread the avocado over each slice.
- Add arugula and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Enjoy the freshness!
Here are three more avocado recipes to try and enjoy…
Avocado Toast with Arugula and Tomaote
Simplicity at its best. Tastes bright and so delicious. Make one up soon and enjoy every bite.
- 2 slices whole grain bread, I used sprouted bread mainly found in the refrigerated or freezer section. Or, use any whole grain bread of choice.
- 1/2 small to medium avocado, sliced
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch arugula, rinsed and dried
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
1.Toast the bread until nicely browned on both sides.
2.While the toast is still hot, spread the avocado over each slice.
3.Add arugula and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Enjoy the healthy deliciousness!
Loving this recipe so much
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you found some recipes to save and share with family and friends. Please come back soon. I post new recipes almost everyday!