I always joke and say Nutella should be a food group. That’s how much I love it. There have been many times I’ve been caught with a spoon in the jar. What’s not to love? Hazelnuts and chocolate and lots of sugar. Well, the first two ingredients are fine but, the sugar we could do without. If you have been on our blog before, we do have really delicious homemade Nutella recipe that’s really low fat and has much less sugar than the original. Check it out here… Homemade Nutella recipe.
Now, on to this recipe. For some of us that want a really clean recipe with no added sugar or dairy. This one is for you. Tastes so decadent yet, it’s made with all healthy ingredients you won’t believe your taste buds. Try this simple recipe today.
Amazing Paleo “Nutella”
Yields about 1 cup: 1 tablespoon per serving. cal 83, fat 6.4 g, carbs 5.3 g, protein 1.5 g, fiber 1.9 g, sugars 3.2 g, Potassium 59.9 mg, Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- 1 cup toasted and skinned hazelnuts
- 2 heaping tbsp unsweetened all natural cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tbsp carob powder, this is an important ingredient to give a smooth, rich flavor.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted slightly
- 1 packet all natural Stevia
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 tbsp raw runny honey, you can use regular honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond milk use more or less for texture. You can use any non dairy milk of choice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast hazelnuts on a baking pan in middle of oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly colored and skins are blistered. Watch closely and make sure they don’t turn black and burn. Turn pan around after 5 minutes. Take out when done, wrap nuts in a kitchen towel and let steam 1 minute. Rub nuts in towel to remove loose skins (don’t worry about skins that don’t come off) cool completely.
- Toss hazelnuts in food processor or high speed blender such as the Ninja and blend until they form a creamy texture. Stop and scrap down sides a few times.
- Add in cacao powder, carob powder and coconut oil. Whirl again until blended. Add the honey and Stevia. Continue to whirl to combine.
- Scrape down sides and now add in some of the milk. Whirl. Check for consistency. Add more milk if needed. You want a creamy texture without being runny.
- When finished. Pour Nutella into a glass jar and store on counter for about an hour to let flavors meld together. When storing Nutella, must be kept sealed in fridge. Can stay up to 5 day in fridge. Enjoy the wholesome, chocolate nutty goodness.